Please send copies of all pertinent documents to:
Attn: Land Administration
P.O. Box 27570
Houston, Texas 77227
or fax: 713-215-7549
Please include the following with all written correspondence:
- Owner number(s)
- Social Security/Tax Identification number
- Daytime phone number
Ownership change because of a death:
- Name of deceased and owner number (if available)
- Certified copy of the death certificate
- Copy of the last will and testament
- Copy of the final decree in the matter of the estate (if applicable)
- Copies of any recorded conveyances from the estate
- Copy of the letter of the testamentary in the matter of the estate
- Name, address and phone number of the executor, along with letters of authority (if available)
- Name, address and phone number of the estate attorney (if available)
Other information will assist in determining additional documents that will be needed:
- Is there a will?
- Will there be probate?
- Was the deceased living in the state where the producing property is located?
- Was the deceased a joint tenant with rights of survivorship?
- Was the mineral property owned as husband and wife on courthouse records?
- Were there any deeds or conveyances that may affect ownership, such as a remainder interest?
- Was the interest deeded into a trust?
If you have questions regarding EFT, contact us at 713-215-7231 or e-mail email@example.com.